The curriculum at Grovedale Primary School is comprehensive and based upon the requirements of the National Curriculum (a major adjunct to the curriculum program is the personal and social skills program that emphasises development of the total person).
“Starting Right” is a special program run at the commencement of the school year. This program aims to set the tone and direction of the school in a collaborative and consultative setting. The content of this program is revisited at the beginning of each term and underlies the day to day operations of the school. Strong Early Years and Middle Years programs maximise learning opportunities for all students.
Features of the curriculum:
- Innovative approaches to learning and teaching
- Development of independence
- “Whole School” approach to provision of curriculum based on the Integrated Inquiry Approach
- Acknowledgment of individual learning styles and provision for these
A wide range of extra curricular activities are offered including:
- Swimming program
- Special days / weeks eg, Literacy & Numeracy weeks, Footy Day, Cultural Day, Book Week
- “Buddies” program for all classes (especially our prep students)
- Excursions, camps, special speakers.
- Leadership Program including School Captains, House Captains and Junior School Council
- Bike Education Program
- Specialist Programs; Italian, Music, Physical Education and Art.
Grovedale Primary School is a school that values members of its community and welcomes involvement in all aspects of school life.
- School Council
- Parents & Friends Committee
- Classroom programs
- Working Bees
- Special Days
- Library Activities
- Incursions & Excursions
- Sports Activities
Sport plays an important role in the life of our students. A wide variety of sports and recreational pursuits are catered for in the educational program of the school. The school regularly participates in athletic and team based sporting competitions at both local and zone levels. Clinics are provided to allow students to experience a wide range of sports. The School is also a participant in the “Active After Schools” program.